THRIVE is currently seeking a design research intern to partner with our growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. You will work as a member of THRIVE’s interdisciplinary teams to create new product, service and brand experience strategies for our clients. We are looking for a hands-on researcher who has demonstrated experience conceiving and delivering innovation in the real world. You will help our client partners understand consumers, build empathy, and solve critical business challenges.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Studying an under graduate or graduate degree in Design Research, Design Planning, Marketing, Business Strategy or related Social Science Field.
- Relevant experience in marketing, product design/development, brand management, strategic product planning, experience design, strategy consulting, or equivalent. Design or Innovation Consulting experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with both design research and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast paced business environment.
- Possesses an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture.
- Strong understanding of, interest in and passion for people, design and innovation.
- Clear demonstration of project management processes and tools.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in video editing software is preferred, but not required.
- Have a strong understanding of the human-centered design process.
- Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
- You are insatiably curious, love to be challenged, and are ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card.
- Your passionate about solving the right problems and possess an incredible entrepreneurial spirit you can’t wait to let loose.
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 5MB.
- Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
- International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
- No calls please.
- Supports teams in conducting in-field qualitative research studies, analyzing field data, and clearly communicating insights and business opportunities for creating new value.
- Performs analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry.
- Delivers verbal, written and visual communications, with a particular emphasis on insight writing, opportunity framing, visual storytelling and strong information design.
- Participates in multi-stakeholder workshops that inspire clients and generate actionable outcomes at various points in the innovation process.
- Contributes to the definition of new product, service and brand experience offerings that deliver new value and achieve the clients business objectives.
- Helps multi-disciplinary project teams create compelling presentations for executives and client teams.