THRIVE is currently seeking a Design Researcher for its growing Research & Strategy practice to add to its team in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for a passionate. highly-creative, strategic thinker who has demonstrated experience understanding people and culture and delivering innovation in the real world. You will be part of a highly collaborative team working with our client partners to achieve their business objectives through the definition of compelling human insights, actionable business opportunities and user experiences that create new value, strengthen brands, and improve market share.
Why should you join us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and everyone with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Uses the appropriate knowledge, methods, tools to contribute to research and strategy projects and that address the client’s business challenges.
- Plans and conducts qualitative research studies, analyze field data, and clearly communicates insights and business opportunities for creating new value.
- Performs comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends.
- Delivers verbal, written and visual communications, with a particular emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling, and strong information design. Builds strong narratives for presentations.
- Simplifies complex information from multiple sources into clear and impactful insights, frameworks and narratives.
- Participates in multi-stakeholder workshops that inspire clients and generate actionable outcomes at various points in the innovation process.
- Contributes to presentations with senior executives and client teams.
- Contributes to the definition of new product, service and brand experience offerings that deliver new value and achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Contributes to the creation of a vision and innovation roadmaps for client categories, brands, and businesses that guide the transformation of new offerings into value.
- Builds and maintains a network with peers in professional research, design and innovation communities.
- Graduate degree in Design Research, Design Planning, Marketing, Business Strategy or related Social Science Field.
- 1 – 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, product design/development, brand management, strategic product planning, experience design, strategy consulting, or equivalent. Design or Innovation Consulting experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience translating qualitative, quantitative and secondary research into actionable insights and opportunities for product and brand experience strategies.
- Familiarity with both design research and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast-paced business environment.
- Possesses an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture.
- Ability to present a case for change to executive leadership, client teams and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner.
- Experience facilitating client experiences through workshops and collaborative work sessions.
- Strong understanding of, interest in and passion for people, design, and innovation.
- Clear demonstration of project management processes and tools.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight timelines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 5MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. No calls, please.