THRIVE is growing and looking for world class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking an experienced Design Researcher with 2+ years of in-field experience who has a strong track record of conceiving and delivering innovation in the real world. This individual will help clients solve critical business challenges, framed by consumer insights, competitive intelligence, product and brand positioning, and solid business rationale.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Graduate degree in Business, Design Planning or related Social Science Field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in marketing, product design/development, brand management, strategic product planning, strategy consulting, or equivalent. Design or Innovation Consulting experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Have previous experience working within a top design consultancy or corporation.
- Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
- Demonstrated experience translating qualitative, quantitative and secondary research into insights and strategies.
- Familiarity with both business and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast paced business environment.
- Possess an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture.
- Demonstrated business acumen across Product Development, Service Development, or Product and Brand Marketing.
- Ability to present work to client teams and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner.
- Strong understanding of, interest in, and passion for design and innovation.
- Proficiency in Adobe In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have the desire to work in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines.
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 5MB.
- Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
- International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
- No calls please.
- Plan and conduct ethnographic research studies, analyze field data, and clearly communicate insights and opportunities that are actionable by designers, for design and innovation.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry.
- Excel in verbal, written and visual communications, with a particular emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling and strong information design.
- Support the planning and facilitation of collaborative workshops with client partners, to achieve a range of actionable outcomes.
- Provides a strategic lens within front end innovation projects that include consideration of the product portfolio, innovation road-map and business case.
- Assist with work sessions and presentations with senior executives and client teams.
- Define new product, service and experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for the business and technically feasible. Build business cases around ideas as a way to qualify their commercial potential.
- Contributes to the development of THRIVE’s culture through knowledge sharing and mentoring of staff.
- Lead small multidisciplinary project teams and manage project workflow and processes as needed.