We are looking for insanely talented Director of Research & Strategy.
Is This You?
THRIVE is currently seeking a Director or Research and Strategy to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We’re looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial leader who will direct the research and strategy practice and client partners to achieve business growth through powerful human insights and breakthrough innovation strategy.
This director will help position THRIVE for continued growth by evolving and implementing a best in class research and innovation strategy service portfolio in conjunction with the THRIVE leadership team. In addition, the director will help position THRIVE as an industry thought leader, identify and realize new business opportunities and shape the future of the Research and Strategy practice.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business challenges and opportunities, and help identify and prioritize near and long term goals.
- Create a compelling vision for a clients piece of business and develop actionable strategies to make it real.
- Clearly communicate insights and business opportunities to clients for creating new value.
- Direct and lead the definition of new product, service and brand experience value propositions and offerings that are desirable for people, viable for business and technically feasible.
- Develop the business case behind new offerings, qualifying their commercial potential, positioning organizations for organic growth.
- Leverage a balance of intuition (e.g., creativity, emotion) and analysis (e.g., data, facts) to build the conviction and confidence necessary for clients to take bold ‘calculated’ risks and realize their full potential.
- Direct multiple research and strategy projects, serving as the key point of contact for the client relationship.
- Direct teams to select the most appropriate strategy, methods and tools for research and strategy projects.
- Direct and guide the planning and implementation of qualitative and quantitative research studies.
- Set the standard of excellence for insight writing, problem framing, generative framework creation, conceptual models, visual storytelling and information design.
- Author and present compelling project plans, proposals, presentations and meetings by working across THRIVE’s multiple areas of practice to craft a point of view, develop a strategy and help close business deals.
- Partner with THRIVE’s leadership to manage the careers of individuals through mentorship, training, career track management and active mentoring.
- Develop and author thought leadership (i.e. writing, speaking, publishing, etc.), contributing to THRIVE’s growing IP and brain trust.
- Possess a graduate degree in Design Planning, Business Strategy, Social Science or a related Field.
- Have 10+ years of relevant experience in strategic design , innovation consulting or customer experience design.
- Have a proven track record in a strategic design or innovation consulting environment.
- Demonstrate experience translating qualitative, quantitative and secondary research into actionable insights and opportunities for product, service and brand experience strategies.
- Be a master of design thinking methods and tools and be skilled at using them in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Possess an innate curiosity for understanding the intersection of people, culture, business, brand and technology.
- Demonstrate a high-level of expertise facilitating client experiences through workshops and collaborative work sessions.
- Have a love for all things Design and Innovation.
- Possess excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Be able to influence senior management decisions regarding design and innovation strategy and lead key discussions.
- Clearly demonstrate a high-degree of proficiency in project management processes and tools.
- Have a passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Be Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.