THRIVE is currently seeking a Director of Engineering for its growing Product Development practice to add to its team in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for a passionate, highly-creative, strategic thinker who has demonstrated experience developing innovative new products in the real world. The ideal candidate will be able to work in cross-functional teams, balance work on multiple projects, and manage to deadlines.
Why should you join us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and everyone with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Collaborates with the THRIVE leadership team to develop a vision and implement a strategy for establishing a world class Engineering Practice.
- Leads and inspires leadership and Engineering team members to fulfill this vision.
- Sets relevant strategies for developing the THRIVE Engineering capability and service portfolio.
- Inspires, guides and leads multidisciplinary product development teams and clients involved in different types of projects – from technical to strategic.
- Assumes responsibility for Engineering execution and quality.
- Motivates and manages teams across multiple disciplines, actively promoting teamwork and collaboration in the studio
- Partners with THRIVE’s leadership to manage the careers of Engineering team members through career track management and active mentoring
- Identifies qualified candidates for the New Product Development practice and actively recruits world class talent.
- Develops relationships with client contacts, builds rapport and acts as the content lead ensuring product design solutions meet the client’s strategic vision.
- Coordinates with the leadership team to identify and develop new business opportunities, create alignment on the potential scope of work for engagements, and facilitate meetings with potential clients.
- Authors and presents compelling project plans, proposals, presentations and meetings by working across THRIVE’s multiple areas of practice to craft a point of view, develop a strategy and help close deals..
- Develops new Product Engineering theories and methods/tools that create compelling value for clients and strengthen THRIVE’s market position.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- 10+ years of product engineering / project engineering experience in a consulting environment.
- 5+ years of plastics injection-molding experience.
- 5+ years of design engineering experience using CAD (Solidworks preferred).
- 5+ years of medical device experience.
- Proven track record of leading and executing projects for durable consumer goods and medical devices(on-time, on-cost, on-budget, on-specification).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Experience with intellectual property and the patent process.
- Effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Experience indicating strong project management skills and leading multi-disciplinary complex projects.
- Proven record of strong creativity and a sense of passion for product design.
- Experience facilitating client experiences through workshops and collaborative work sessions.
- Strong understanding of interest in and passion for people, design and innovation.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Able to influence senior management decisions regarding design and innovation strategy and lead key discussions.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Strong proficiency in Solidworks, Microsoft Office Suite.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.