We are looking for an impressive individual who’ll bring creativity, passion, people skills, experience, and the vision to inspire, grow and unify an exceptional group of people. Partnering with the leadership team you will be responsible for developing and guiding the overall vision for a client’s piece of business, and on a daily basis mentor and provide the creative leadership to galvanize and grow our talent. You will have an evolving vision of how design can be used as a strategic tool in business to deliver competitive value for our clients.
Why should you join us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Inspire, guide, and lead multidisciplinary product development teams and clients involved in different types of projects – from technical to strategic.
- Develop relationships with clients, quickly build rapport and act as the content lead ensuring design solutions meet the client’s strategic vision.
- Lead the creative process through facilitation and participation of concept ideation sessions, brainstorms and creative discussions to develop design solutions.
- Author and present compelling project plans, proposals, presentations, and meetings by working across THRIVE’s multiple areas of practice to craft a point of view, develop a strategy and help close deals.
- Develop new Industrial Design theories and methods/tools that create compelling value for clients and strengthen THRIVE’s market position.
- Ensure the client has an exceptional experience that is fun, relevant and energizing.
- Ensure all projects hit predefined profit targets.
- Lead client meetings and presentations.
- Work with leadership team to develop new business opportunities, create alignment on the potential scope of work for engagements, and help close deals.
- Partner with THRIVE’s leadership to manage the careers of individuals through career track management and active mentoring.
- Possess a BA/BS in Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in the capacity of an industrial designer producing work of the highest quality.
- Have previous experience working within a top design consultancy or equivalent.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent creativity, strategic vision, and the desire to lead.
- Have a passion for all things design and innovation and using design as a strategic tool in business.
- Be an expert practitioner of design thinking and the human-centered design process.
- Have a strong aesthetic sense with the proven ability to manifest a brand dimensionally in a way that stimulates people’s senses and emotions.
- A strong track record for developing product strategies that generate market success.
- Be a team player with the ability to motivate and manage teams, actively promoting teamwork and collaboration in the studio.
- Have advanced expertise in CAD modeling, rendering and illustration using software such as Solidworks, Keyshot, and Photoshop.
- Possess strong management skills, with a proven ability to create work plans, project timelines and to communicate and manage to them effectively.
- Have outstanding verbal presentation skills, and be comfortable presenting to C- and VP-level executives.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.