HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We’re a group of creative professionals raising the bar on Informed Design. We design human-centered brands, products, services, and experiences for leading companies around the world.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU!
THRIVE is currently seeking a Director of Innovation Strategy to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for an outstanding and passionate individual with a commitment to excellence to join our growing strategy practice to help create impactful customer-facing experiences that people love. In this role, you will lead our client partners and multi-disciplinary THRIVE teams to create compelling and actionable roadmaps that deliver new value, growth and profits. You will be passionate about the details, and a proven strategist and planner who is comfortable pushing the limits to deliver solutions that engage and build our clients brands.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Research to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business challenges, opportunities, and help identify and prioritize their near- and long-term goals
- Direct and lead the definition of growth strategies that integrate product, service, brand experience, and business model innovation
- Develop the business cases behind new offerings, to qualify their commercial potential orient organizations towards finding top-line growth and profitability
- Gather, synthesize, and create strategic frameworks inspired by rigorous research from a wide variety of sources: qualitative and quantitative research studies, generative and evaluative research
- Craft and co-create strategies that inspire new innovations using appropriate methods, tools and processes, and test pilot and shape ideas into real world solutions
- Create a compelling vision for our clients and develop innovation roadmaps for categories, brands and businesses that guide the creation of new value
- Inform and inspire action and commitment through the clear communication of new disruptive insights and business opportunities
- Lead the development of needs-based segmentation and opportunity frameworks, personas, customer journeys, and roadmaps
- Identify new forms of value and relevance for consumers across the entire customer journey
- Plan and facilitate collaborative workshops with client partners to achieve a range of actionable outcomes
- Develop and manage client relationships, building trust, ensuring project solutions meet or exceed the client’s expectations and objectives
- Have a graduate degree or MBA with experience in Design Planning, Marketing, Product Management, Business Strategy, Social Sciences or a related field
- Have 10+ years of relevant experience in strategic consulting, foresight, product management, customer experience design, strategy consulting, or equivalent. Must have Design or Innovation Consulting experience
- Be a Master of Design thinking methods and tools and skilled at using them in a fast-paced business environment
- Have a proven track record of outstanding leadership and conceptual ability
- Have a love for crafting new businesses, products, and services, responding to uncharted design challenges
- Be a talented storyteller, both verbally and visually to deliver insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
- Be a Thought Leader (i.e. writing, speaking, publishing, etc.) who consistently contributes to THRIVE’s growing IP and brain trust
- Direct and inspire multi-disciplinary teams and clients to execute strategic projects and assuming responsibility for project/program execution and quality
- Direct innovation strategy projects and serve as the key point of contact for key client relationships
- Direct teams to select the most appropriate approach, methods, and tools for strategy projects
- Partner with THRIVE’s leadership to manage the careers of individuals through mentorship, training, career track management
- Partner with the leadership to author proposals and present compelling project plans, proposals, presentations and meetings
- Possess an innate curiosity for understanding the intersections of people, culture, business, brand and technology
- Possess excellent writing and speaking skills
- Clearly demonstrate a high competence of project management processes and tools
- Have a passion for exceeding expectations under tight timelines
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe products a plus
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.