We are looking for insanely talented Director of Research & Strategy.
Is This You?
THRIVE is currently seeking a Director or Research and Strategy to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We’re looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial leader who will direct the research and strategy practice and client partners to achieve business growth through powerful human insights and breakthrough innovation strategy.
This director will help position THRIVE for continued growth by evolving and implementing a best in class research and innovation strategy service portfolio in conjunction with the THRIVE leadership team. In addition, the director will help position THRIVE as an industry thought leader, identify and realize new business opportunities and shape the future of the Research and Strategy practice.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Graduate degree in Design Planning, Marketing, Product Management, Business Strategy, Social Sciences or related Field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in strategic consulting, marketing, product management, brand management, customer experience design, strategy consulting, or equivalent. Design or Innovation Consulting experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience translating qualitative, quantitative and secondary research into actionable insights and opportunities for product, service and brand experience strategies.
- Proven results crafting simple and actionable strategies for complex business problems.
- Mastery of design thinking methods and tools and skilled at using them in a fast-paced business environment.
- Possesses an innate curiosity for understanding the intersections of people, culture, business, brand and technology.
- Ability to present a case for change to executive leadership, client teams and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner.
- Experience facilitating client experiences through workshops and collaborative work sessions.
- Strong understanding of, interest in and passion for people, design and innovation.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Able to influence senior management decisions regarding design and innovation strategy and lead key discussions.
- Clear demonstration of project management processes and tools.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Collaborates with THRIVE leadership to develop and communicate a practice vision and strategy. Leads and inspires team members to fulfill this vision.
- Sets globally relevant directions for research and strategy capability service portfolio.
- Formulates and effectively uses the appropriate knowledge, methods, tools and processes to manage and oversee and direct multiple research and strategy projects.
- Directs and inspires multi-disciplinary teams and clients to execute strategic projects and assumes responsibility for project/program execution and quality.
- Partners with THRIVE’s leadership to manage the careers of individuals through mentorship, training, career track management and active mentoring.
- Identifies qualified candidates for the research & strategy practice and actively recruits world class talent to the organization.
- Coordinates with the leadership team to identify and develop new business opportunities. Authors and presents compelling project plans, proposals, presentations and meetings by working across THRIVE’s multiple areas of practice to craft a point of view, develop a strategy and help close business deals.
- Leverages a balance of intuition (e.g., creativity, emotion) and analysis (e.g., data, facts) to build the conviction and confidence necessary for clients to take bold ‘calculated’ risks and realize their full potential.
- Develops and manages relationships with clients. Builds trust, ensuring project solutions meet or exceed the client’s expectations and objectives.
- Facilitates the documentation of THRIVE research and strategy processes for staff education and training.
- Develops new research and strategy theories, methods, and tools that create compelling value for clients and strengthen THRIVE’s market position.
- Provides thought leadership (i.e. writing, speaking, publishing, etc.) and constantly contributing to THRIVE’s growing IP and brain trust.
- Inspires the broader THRIVE team to instill an ongoing culture of client development and engagement.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their businesses, challenges, and opportunities, and to help identify and prioritize their near and long term goals.
- Directs multiple research and strategy projects. Serves as the key point of contact for client relationship on a project by project basis.
- Directs teams to select the most appropriate approach, methods, and tools for research and strategy projects.
- Directs and guides the planning and implementation of qualitative and quantitative research studies, analyzes data, and clearly communicates insights and business opportunities for creating new value.
- Sets the standard of excellence for insight writing, problem framing, generative framework creation, conceptual models, visual storytelling and information design.
- Plans and facilitates collaborative workshops with client partners to achieve a range of actionable outcomes. Leads workshops and presentations with senior executives and client teams.
- Directs and leads the definition of new product, service and brand experience value propositions and offerings that are desirable for people, viable for business and technically feasible. Lead initiatives that define and unify brand experience design across multiple touchpoints.
- Directs evaluative research to help test, pilot and shape ideas into solutions.
- Develops the business cases behind new offerings, to qualify their commercial potential orient organizations towards finding top-line growth and profitability.
- Creates a compelling vision for clients and develops innovation roadmaps for client categories, brands and businesses that guide the transformation of new offerings into value.
- Collaborates with clients to help pilot and implement new offerings in their respective organization.