HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We’re a group of creative professionals raising the bar on Informed Design™. We design consumer-driven brands, products, and experiences for leading companies around the world.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU!
THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking currently seeking a Human Factors Engineer to add to our growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for a passionate and committed individual who has demonstrated experience in medical product development, understanding people and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovation in the real world. In this role, you will collaborate with client partners and multi-disciplinary THRIVE teams to meet user and business objectives related to the quality of physical user interactions, interface design, and overall user experience (UX).
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Research to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
• Collect and synthesize detailed information about how users interact with products through various techniques including:
-User testing and evaluation: Generative, formative, and summative.
– Stakeholder interviews
– Development of personas/user profiles and intended use scenarios
– Task Analysis
– Use-related risk management
– Requirements Specification
- Combine appropriate research methods, theory and content to address client’s business challenges.
- Plan and execute human-centered research studies, such as ethnography/contextual inquiry in healthcare settings, focus groups and co-creation sessions, preference tests, and usability tests, both formative and summative.
- Develop research materials, such as protocols, scripts, and data collection instruments and assumes responsibility for collecting research data in various formats.
- Contribute to the analysis of research data and produces deliverables suitable for HF/UE files.
- Seamlessly works in interdisciplinary teams with researchers, industrial designers and engineers to analyze and synthesize data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concepts, product specifications, and usability goals.
- Synthesize complex information from multiple data sources into clear and actionable insights, frameworks, requirements, and documentation assets.
- Contribute to collaborative multi-stakeholder client workshops that inspire clients and generate actionable outcomes at various points in the product development process.
- Collaborate closely with clients to build and maintain strong relationships and client satisfaction.
- Author documentation compliant to relevant standards for client medical device development programs.
- Delivers compelling verbal, written and visual presentations and communications.
- Contributes to executing key project activities, creating deliverables, and delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Factors Engineering (HFE).
- Have 2+ years experience working in medical devices, preferably in a consulting environment/
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience in medical product design and development, user experience design, or equivalent.
- Have proven track record of experience conducting user research, including moderating in-depth interviews, focus groups, and usability research to evaluate products and identify user needs.
- Have demonstrated experience translating qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights, requirements, and documentation for medical product and UI/UX design.
- Have the ability to understand and adhere to applicable safety, quality, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- Proven competency in a broad range of user-centered design and usability methods.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight timelines.
- Be Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Video Editing Software and Data Coding Software is preferred but not required.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is on-site in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.