Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Create product solutions that embody a strong aesthetic sense and manifest a brand dimensionally in a way that stimulates people’s senses and emotions.
- Have excellent form development ability, manifesting a brands tone and personality through product form.
- Demonstrate a mastery of technical skills: CAD – Solidworks; excellent sketching; color, material & finish, rapid sketch development, prototyping, and visualization in Keyshot or equivalent.
- Develop 3D digital surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically robust.
- Lead the definition and development of new product offerings that deliver new value and achieve our client’s business objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically, while developing a strong rationale for your design recommendations that are based on consumer, brand, and business rationale.
- Combine appropriate design methods, theory and content to address a particular clients business challenges.
- Innovate within known high and low volume manufacturing techniques, specifying materials, construction, mechanisms, color and surface finish.
- Survey the work of other designers in the global design community to identify best practices, methods, tools and approaches.
- Manage projects by creating work plans, project timelines and communicating and managing to them effectively.
Have a BA/BS in Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
Have at least 1-3+ years of experience in the capacity of an industrial designer producing work of the highest quality.
Have previous experience working within a top design consultancy or corporation.
Have a strong understanding of the human-centered design process.
Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
Have the desire to work in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines.
You are insatiably curious, love to be challenged, and are ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card.
You’re passionate about solving the right problems and possess an incredible entrepreneurial spirit you can’t wait to let loose.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered. Covid-19 vaccination required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.