THRIVE is currently seeking a Senior Creative Writer for its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia with the ability to eloquently express who a brand is, and connect it with the real-world. You will blend creativity with strategic thinking, working with our research, design and strategy teams to connect our client’s brands with their customers and other key audiences across their journeys. In addition, you will help build the THRIVE brand by helping to create a thought leadership platform that differentiates THRIVE and stands out from the crowd.
Why should you join us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and everyone with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Write creative, compelling and strategically minded copy, thinking creatively and strategically in equal measure.
- Contribute to projects in all written and verbal practices: naming, voice, messaging and content strategy, and content creation.
- Collaborate with clients as a brand journalist to uncover the stories and insights that lead to meaningful messaging and concepts.
- Own the brand voice and establish the messaging direction in every execution.
- Simplify complex information from multiple sources into clear and impactful stories, frameworks and narratives.
- Build concepts from scratch with the logic and confidence to engage an audience in your ideas, bringing the abstract to life.
- Collaborate with team members to determine conceptual and copy direction for digital products, experiences, online and offline branding, and integrated marketing communications solutions.
- Support in the development and formalization of a consistent thought leadership voice for THRIVE.
- Help THRIVE leadership develop refreshing viewpoints on industry issues and challenges so that prospects come to regard THRIVE as their trusted advisor in the market.
- Regularly update the THRIVE thought leadership catalog as new pieces publish.
- Draft blogs, case studies, video scripts, and long-form thought leadership with THRIVE subject matter experts and THRIVE leaders.
- 7-10 years’ experience in content marketing, brand communications, journalism, or a related field.
- You have a track record working for a leading brand or digital agency (professional services content development experience a plus)
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who takes ownership of his or her work—and is also happy to work collaboratively to put out outstanding content.
- You possess an innate curiosity for understanding people, culture, and a passion for design and innovation.
- Adept at writing across a variety of content needs from brand manifestos and guidelines to app screens to video scripts, social media posts, and print collateral, adjusting tone and verbiage to meet the needs of clients in a variety of markets.
- The ability to work empathetically, putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and seeing the world through their eyes and creating content they want to read.
- Ability to extract compelling insights from subject matter experts by asking strategic questions.
- Ability to shape compelling narratives and analogies that clearly illustrate business trends and topics.
- Ability to build strong narratives for presentations with a particular emphasis on problem framing, storytelling and sticky messaging.
- Prioritize and manage your time and workload across multiple projects at once, coordinating with internal teams and clients to set and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of writing samples. Please limit submissions to 5MB. No application will be considered without the submission of writing samples. No calls, please.