HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We’re a group of creative professionals raising the bar on Informed Design™. We design human-centered brands, products, services, and experiences for leading companies around the world.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU!
THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking a Senior Design Researcher. This individual will lead a variety of design research and strategy projects, work closely with internal teams and client partners, and lead fieldwork, analysis, and reporting.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and everyone with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Manage and lead research and strategy projects.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for client relationship on a project by project basis.
- Combine appropriate research methods, theory and content that address the client’s business challenges.
- Plan and conduct qualitative research studies, analyzes field data, and clearly communicates insights and business opportunities for creating new value.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry.
- Deliver verbal, written and visual communications, with an emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling and strong information design.
- Simplify complex information from multiple sources into clear and impactful insights, frameworks and narratives.
- Structure, manage and facilitate multi-stakeholder workshops that inspire clients and generate actionable outcomes at various points in the innovation process.
- Lead presentations with senior executives and client teams.
- Lead the definition of new product, service and brand experience offerings that deliver new value and achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Create a compelling vision for clients and develops innovation roadmaps for client categories, brands and businesses that guide the transformation of new offerings into value.
- Build the conviction and confidence necessary for clients to take bold ‘calculated’ risks and leverage their full potential.
- Build and maintains a network with peers in professional research, design and innovation communities.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to identify and develop new business opportunities and facilitate meetings with potential prospects.
- Provide thought leadership (i.e. writing, speaking, publishing, etc.) and constantly contributing to THRIVE’s growing IP.
- Mentor junior staff members in the research and strategy practice.
- Have agency experience or works for/in an internal design/research function that behaves like an internal agency.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Have experience contributing to and/or leading research projects with healthcare clients.
- Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
- Be familiar with both business and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast-paced business environment.
- Possess an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture.
- Be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Chicago, IL. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered. Covid-19 vaccination required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.