THRIVE is currently seeking a senior design researcher to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for a passionate design researcher who has demonstrated experience understanding people and culture and delivering innovation in the real world.
Why should you work with us?
You will lead client partners to achieve their business objectives through the definition of compelling human insights, actionable business opportunities and user experiences that create new value, strengthen brands, and improve market share.
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Graduate degree in Design Research, Design Planning, Marketing, Business Strategy or related Social Science Field.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in marketing, product design/development, brand management, strategic product planning, experience design, strategy consulting, or equivalent. Design or Innovation Consulting experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience translating qualitative, quantitative and secondary research into actionable insights and opportunities for product and brand experience strategies.
- Familiarity with both design research and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast-paced business environment.
- Possesses an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture.
- Ability to present a case for change to executive leadership, client teams and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner.
- Experience facilitating client experiences through workshops and collaborative work sessions.
- Strong understanding of, interest in and passion for people, design and innovation.
- Clear demonstration of project management processes and tools.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Manages and leads research and strategy projects. Serves as the lead point of contact for client relationship on a project by project basis.
- Combines appropriate research methods, theory and content that address the client’s business challenges.
- Plans and conducts qualitative research studies, analyzes field data, and clearly communicates insights and business opportunities for creating new value.
- Performs comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry.
- Delivers verbal, written and visual communications, with an emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling and strong information design.
- Simplifies complex information from multiple sources into clear and impactful insights, frameworks and narratives.
- Structures, manages and facilitates multi-stakeholder workshops that inspire clients and generate actionable outcomes at various points in the innovation process.
- Leads presentations with senior executives and client teams.
- Leads the definition of new product, service and brand experience offerings that deliver new value and achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Creates a compelling vision for clients and develops innovation roadmaps for client categories, brands and businesses that guide the transformation of new offerings into value.
- Builds the conviction and confidence necessary for clients to take bold ‘calculated’ risks and leverage their full potential.
- Builds and maintains a network with peers in professional research, design and innovation communities.
- Coordinates with the leadership team to identify and develop new business opportunities and facilitate meetings with potential prospects.
- Provides thought leadership (i.e. writing, speaking, publishing, etc.) and constantly contributing to THRIVE’s growing IP.
- Mentors junior staff members in the research and strategy practice.