THRIVE is growing and looking for world class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Design Strategist with 7+ years of experience who has a strong track record of conceiving and delivering innovation in the real world. You will be insatiably curious, comfortable with ambiguity and possess the analytical rigor to think strategically and systematically through any innovation and design challenge. As an established professional you will guide the design process and help clients solve critical business challenges, framed by consumer insights, competitive intelligence, brand positioning, and a solid business rationale.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Graduate degree in Business, Design Planning or related Social Science Field plus at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- A team player who is highly collaborative and strongly believes that the best stuff comes from two (or more) heads together.
- A love for all things Design and Innovation.
- A lifelong learner who is passionate about understanding human behavior and the drive necessary to find the motivations that lie beneath to create solutions that fit people’s lives.
- Fervor for working in dynamic and often ambiguous conditions, and exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Compelling written and spoken communication with the ability to present work to client teams and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner.
- Excellence in storytelling to communicate discoveries and propositions that create new value.
- Demonstrated business acumen across Product Development, Service Development, or Product and Brand Marketing.
- Familiarity with both business and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast paced business environment.
- Established at providing mentorship, support and guidance to junior team members.
- Competency in Excel modeling, and strong numerical analysis and statistics skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Lead strategic conversations with our client partners to frame innovation intent and a plan of action.
- Plan and conduct ethnographic research studies, analyzing field data, and clearly communicating actionable insights and opportunities for design and innovation.
- Guide the design process from framing a challenge, to research and insights, to concept and implementation.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and the trends shaping an industry.
- Synthesize research into concrete recommendations and communicate them to business audiences.
- Plan and lead immersive client workshops that inspire ambitious leaders to act by exploring and mapping where they need to be tomorrow.
- Develop value propositions that have the potential to create new value for people and our client partners organization.
- Facilitate the creation of prototypes that can be rapidly tested in-market to validate and refine design and service concepts.
- Build business cases and financial models around ideas as a way to qualify their commercial potential.
- Identify and deliver on growth opportunities by bringing new products and services to market.