THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Industrial Designer with 8+ years experience. An impressive individual who’ll bring creativity, passion, people skills, and the ability to lead creative teams in an inspiring way. You will be an active mentor to your peers and help to galvanize and grow THRIVE’s talent while developing highly innovative design solutions that translate consumer insights and trends into compelling product experiences. You will be passionate about the details and have a proven track record of creating products that are authentic to a client’s brand, and that connect emotionally with consumers.
– Demonstrate the ability to think strategically, while developing a strong rationale for your design recommendations that are based on consumer, brand, and business rationale.
– Lead the definition and development of new product offerings that deliver new value and achieve our client’s business objectives.
– Create product solutions that embody a strong aesthetic sense and manifest a brand dimensionally in a way that stimulates people’s senses and emotions.
– Lead brand analysis and critical thinking, turning insights into actionable directives for design.
– Have excellent form development ability, manifesting a brands tone and personality through product form.
– Demonstrate a mastery of technical skills: CAD – Solidworks; excellent sketching; color, material & finish, rapid sketch development, prototyping, and visualization in Keyshot or equivalent.
– Develop 3D digital surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically robust.
– Inspire and guide members of the industrial design team through different types of innovation content; from technical to strategic.
– Combine appropriate design methods, theory and content to address a particular clients business challenges.
– Innovate within known high and low volume manufacturing techniques, specifying materials, construction, mechanisms, color and surface finish.
– Lead the development of client presentations that communicate a compelling narrative/story.
– Understand a particular client’s culture and the needs of multiple stakeholders (e.g. designers and business) and adapt your communication accordingly.
– Lead the creative process through facilitation of concept ideation sessions, brainstorms and creative discussions.
– Build and maintain a network with peers in the professional design and innovation community.
– Survey the work of other designers in the global design community to identify best practices, methods, tools and approaches.
– Manage projects by creating work plans, project timelines and communicating and managing to them effectively.
– Have a BA/BS in Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
– Have at least 5+ years of experience in the capacity of an industrial designer producing work of the highest quality.
– Have previous experience working within a top design consultancy or corporation.
– Have a strong understanding of the human-centered design process.
– Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
– Have the desire to work in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines.