THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are seeking a Senior Information Designer to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We’re looking for a designer who has demonstrated experience working with multidisciplinary teams and client partners to establish new ways of understanding and interacting with complex information across physical and digital mediums. In this role, you will lead information design activities by translating complex data sources and inputs into engaging information assets that people can easily understand, interact with, and act on.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU”LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and everyone with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU”LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE. There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- Create information design solutions that embody a strong aesthetic, create understanding, and foster engagement.
- Create information design assets that communicate complex ideas, concepts, and data sets in a simple and clear manner.
- Design data and content across a broad range of design assets that could include presentations, video, illustrations, info-graphics, data-visualizations, environmental graphics, etc.
- Demonstrate exceptional 2D technical, visualization, and storytelling skills with a keen sensitivity to the narrative, typography, color, layout, and graphics across traditional print and digital mediums.
- Design develop and test processes to import and transform from source systems and leveraging large amounts of data to solve business issues.
- Develop a strong rationale for design recommendations that are based on user, brand, and business factors.
- Contribute to client meetings and presentations.
- Understand the client culture and adapts communications accordingly.
- Participate in strategy, ideation, and creative sessions to help define and shape information design assets in close collaboration with project teams.
- Provide communication and information design support for client document and presentation deliverables so that they are polished, on-brand, and impactful, and communicate a compelling narrative/story.
- Collaborate with the management team to create an impactful information design system, guidelines, and templates for the THRIVE brand.
- Foster consistent application of branding and information design standards across all work at THRIVE.
- Survey the work of other designers in the global design community to identify best practices, methods, tools, and approaches.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in user experience design, interaction design, or visual communication design.
- Minimum 3+ years of designing information design assets and/or data visualizations through a human-centered approach.
- Ability to help translate abstract and conceptual ideas into engaging information design assets.
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical expertise in information design and data visualization.
- Empathetic listening and communication skills demonstrated through effective interactions with team members and clients.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills coupled with the ability to be flexible against tight deadlines.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task across projects.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office is required.
- Proficiency preferred in the use of UX design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer, etc.
- Design or Innovation Consulting and healthcare experience is a plus.
- Candidates must have examples they can show that demonstrate their information designs and the rationale supporting them.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.